Thanksgiving is almost here, which means that it’s time to eat way too much, watch some football, fall asleep on the couch, do some shopping, and play some great Thanksgiving Games. So grab a turkey leg and get ready for some action with 5 Fun Thanksgiving Games!
If you need a quick game and have the ability to show a simple PowerPoint, then we’ve got you covered! Simply download the file and get your Thanksgiving Trivia on!
PREP TIME – None
ITEMS NEEDED – Screen to Display Trivia
GAME TIME – 10-15 Minutes
PARTICIPANTS – Divide into Four Teams
Simply click the Thanksgiving Trivia World Record Edition link and you are ready to go.
Once teams are separated, simply have each team answer the questions with their best guess. The team with the most correct at the end is the winner.
There is a tie-breaker question at the end should you need it.
NOTE: You can also use PPT Viewer if you do not have a version of PPT on your computer.
1. Have some fun music in background while you play.
2. Give teams pieces of paper with “A”, “B”, “C” & “D” written on them. Have them use that to answer their questions at the same time.
3. Post one of the questions on social media to generate a little buzz for the game.
4. Award a pumpkin pie or Thanksgiving food (even a can of corn is funny!) to the winning team!
Lend Me A Hand Thanksgiving Edition is exactly like the original version found on Hollywood Game Night, but now the clues are Thanksgiving themed. We love it because there is not set up, minimal planning and it’s tons of fun!
PREP TIME – 3 Minutes (if you choose to do your own clues)
ITEMS NEEDED – List of Items to Act Out (suggestions below)
GAME TIME – 10-15 Minutes
PARTICIPANTS – Divide into two teams
While Hollywood Game Night plays one quick round of Lend Me A Hand, you can play multiple 60 or 90 second rounds depending on how much time you have.
To start, each team will need to select two people. One person will be in front and place their hands behind their back. The second person will stand behind them and act as their arms by sliding them through to the front. (see picture above)
Note: To avoid awkward situations, we suggest that you have a guy in front.
Once they are in position, they will be given a clue that they must act out to their team. The key is that the person in front can not use their hands and the person in back can not use their face to help the team (only their hands) guess.
Some Thanksgiving categories and clue suggestions are:
- Apple Pie
- Casserole (bonus)
- Cowboys (bonus for Dallas Cowboys)
- Lions (bonus for Detroit Lions)
- Charlie Brown (bonus)
If they are successful, they receive a point and move to the next clue. They can also pass on clues (set a max number of 2) without losing points. You can then come back to those if there is time left.
For the next round, select two more actors for each team. Whoever has more points at the end of all the rounds is the winner!
1. Have some music in the background and a clock showing the countdown. It provides a little extra drama.
2. Personalize some clues to get a bigger laugh and make it fun for your group.
3. Take some videos and post them on social media for everyone to see!
It’s also a great game to use as a teaching point. We all size things up, but sometimes we do so incorrectly. Talk to your group about how getting to know other helps shape a healthier and more realistic view of each other.
PREP TIME – 3-5 Minutes
ITEMS NEEDED – Fruit (suggestions below), Measuring Tape/Ruler
GAME TIME – 5-8 Minutes
PARTICIPANTS – Everyone (Teams of 5-10)
Before you play Size It Up, make sure to measure out piece of fruit and do the simple math to figure out the answer.
MATH EQUATION: Item being measured divided size of fruit (use the fruit you will show them so they have an accurate measurement)
Most of your measurements won’t convert exactly, so round your measurements.
- How many bananas tall is the Statue of Liberty? (305 feet 1 inch)
- How many kiwis long is the Nile River? (4,258 miles or 22,482,240 feet)
- How many grapes long is the world’s longest toenail? (6 inches)
- How many oranges long is the world’s longest fingernail? (51 inches)
- How many small carrots long is a 2016 Volkswagen Beetle (168 feet 4 inches)
- How many pieces of celery tall is the world’s largest Santa? (51 feet)
- How many apples tall is the world’s tallest Ferris Wheel? (550 feet)
- How many strawberries long is the HOLLYWOOD sign? (350 feet)
- How many blueberries tall is the Great Pyramid of Giza? (455 feet)
- How many eggplants long is the Great Wall of China? (13,170 miles or 69,537,600 feet!)
While we use fruit for the game, your options are endless! If you’re short on time, use what you have around. Be creative and have fun with it.
The closest team to each item is awarded one point. The team with the most points at the end is the winner!
1. Take some extra time and put together a slideshow of the items the group is guessing.
2. Give teams a small whiteboard/chalkboard (paper and pen work too!) so they can write their guesses down and reveal all at once.
3. Have some light music playing in the background.
4. Award the winning team the fruit or items you play with!
CANDY CONNECTION – easy to play (downloadable PDF available)
CANDY CORN RELAY – quick set up and easy to play
CANDY PUMPKIN – great game to have for people as they arrive
I GOT YOU COVERED – just get some TP and you’re ready to roll (see what we did there)
PUMPKIN DROP – a fun team building game that will most likely end in hilarity
SWEEPING PUMPKINS – get up and get moving with a fun relay race game
WHO AM I? CELEB EDITION – FREE PPT DOWNLOAD – see how well your group can see beyond the costume (download and play)