The runner up on our Top Ten list of Minute To Win It Christmas Games is Merry Fishmas. This game requires immense concentration and just the right touch.
1) Prior to game start, place the mini candy canes on the edge of the table so that the “hook” part is over the edge. Contestant places chopstick in mouth, then stands in designated start zone with hands at sides.
2) When the clock starts, contestant may attempt to hook a mini candy cane with the candy cane on the string.
3) Contestant may not use their hands.
4) Contestant may pick up candy canes in any order.
5) If a candy cane is moved so that it no longer hangs over the edge, the hanging candy cane, string and/or mini candy cane(s) already hooked on the candy cane may be used to move it back to the edge of the table.
6) If the chopstick falls from the contestant’s mouth, the game is over.
7) If a candy cane falls to the floor the game is over.
8) To complete the game, contestant must have successfully hooked all 4 mini candy canes within the 60-second time limit, and they must concurrently remain hooked for 3 seconds.
1) Have extra candy canes just in case.
2) While the traditional game ends if one drops, you can alter it to have an extra candy cane hanging. This makes it a bit easier and prolongs the game if contestants are struggling.
3) Award the winner a giant candy cane for their efforts!