Our bronze medal winner for relay games is entitled, Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Spoon.
PREP TIME– 3-10 Minutes
ITEMS NEEDED– Metal Spoons for Each Team (or individual), Cartons of Eggs (will vary on amount of teams), Tarps, Rags & Garbage Cans, Score Keepers
GAME TIME– 10 Minutes
PARTICIPANTS– 8-12 Participants per Team
Start by tarping off the gaming area if you are inside, if you’re outside in a field, you can skip this step. Once you’re done with that, line teams up in a single file line, with the first person approximately 15′-20′ from the end (you may want to mark the beginning & end line with tape, a cone, shoe, hat or whatever you can find).
The first person will then proceed to take their spoon and put it in their mouth, clamping down on it with their teeth to keep it steady. Next, put an egg in the spoon and explain the following:
Teams must see how far they can carry their eggs in the fastest amount of time with the least breakage. If the egg falls off and breaks, that person’s turn is over and they will pass of the spoon or tag (depending on how many spoons you have) the next person in line.
The goal is to walk to the end line and then turn around and walk back to the beginning with out breaking Humpty Dumpty. One point for the first trip, two points for a round trip. The team that can earns the most points in 5-10 minutes wins.
1. Hard boil the eggs to minimize the mess and set-up.
2. Instead of eggs, pile something else on the spoon, like M&M’s (fill it as full as possible). Have teams take a round trip and see how many M&M’s remain on the spoon. Count who can carry the most back. The team that tallies the most at the end of the set time frame, wins!
1. Have at least a dozen eggs on hand per team. This allows the game to keep going, even if teams are terrible- which is usually funny!
2. Draw faces on your eggs to give them a little extra Humpty Dumpty flare. You can even have the participants do this so they can bond with their egg!
3. Dye the eggs different colors and separate your teams by color.
Check out our entire list of Top Ten Relay Games.
Get more great games and tips by subscribing to our blog, liking us on Facebook & following us on Twitter @stumingames!
[…] #3 Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Spoon […]