Today, we start with a our Christmas Edition of a game we call “Problem Solved?”. It’s a great game that can be played with a group of any size, no matter where you are. Even better, all you need to play is a pen, paper and a few minutes to play. Oh yeah, did we mention this won’t cost you a dime!
PREP TIME– 5 Minutes
ITEMS NEEDED– Pen or Pencil, Strips of Paper
GAME TIME– 5-10 Minutes
Distribute a pen and piece of paper to each person. Task half of the group with writing down a problem that may be encountered on Christmas. Encourage them to be creative and funny. Make sure they keep them to one or two sentences.
The other half will then come up with a solution to a problem, however, they will not know what problem they are solving.
Once you have enough problems and solutions, start by reading a problem out loud, followed by one of the solutions. Problem solved! While not everyone of them will be funny, some will be hilarious and I guarantee that they will be repeated afterwards!
1. If you have a smaller group, you can have them write a problem and a solution. Just make sure to mix them up so the problem and solution come from different people. You can also have your leaders write some down to ensure that you have plenty of viable options.
2. Have the group write problems on green sheets of paper and the solutions on red to make sure you can easily tell the two apart, plus it’s Christmas-y!
3. Make sure to have some fun Christmas music for the few minutes they are coming up with ideas.
4. Post some of your favorite problems and solutions online and tag the authors.
5. Play this game year round by simply changing the scenario. It’s great to play on road trips as well!