Random Things Dominoes is a sure fire way to get your group up and working together. It’s a fantastic team game that requires creativity, patience and careful planning. The great part is that you can adjust the magnitude of the game simply by providing different items. Get ready for some domino mania with Random Things Dominoes!
PREP TIME – 2 Minutes
ITEMS NEEDED – Random Items (suggestions below), Open Space to Play, Measuring Tape (optional)
GAME TIME – 2-5 Minutes per round
PARTICIPANTS – 2 Teams of 4-6 (play tournament style with more teams), 3 Judges
Depending on what items you use for Random Things Dominoes, you may need to clear out a larger open area. The great thing about the game is that it allows you to include your entire group or just have a few people come up front to compete against each other.
The goal of the game is simple, use the items you are given or selected to reach further than the other team by creating a domino effect. It’s not as easy as it sounds and you will definitely want to encourage them to practice the individual steps from one thing to the next so they know that it will actually reach and work.
Found a new way to break the morning milk glass with chocolate biscuits. 😂 #chocolatebiscuits #dominoesfalling #glassbreaking #funnyvideo #domino #funnytiktok #dominoesgames #viralvideo #viralchallenge
This game is a bit more challenging because you won’t have a bunch of similar items, but random items that vary in size and weight. Just in case you’re having a difficult time coming up with ideas, we’ve got you covered:
- Cereal Boxes
- Cups or Soda Bottles
- Wood (2×4 or blocks)
- Deck of Cards (still in box)
- Pizza Boxes
- Stuffed Animals
- Bowling Balls, Tennis Balls, Basketballs
- Food Items (in box or can)
- Board Games or Puzzles
- Folding Chairs (just narrow the feet so they can stand upright, but don’t fall)
- Tic Tacs
- Cell Phones
- Dishes (just make sure they’re not glass!)
- Wrapping Paper (on tube)
- Condiment Bottles
- Actual Dominoes!
If you want to go really big, you can use:
- Refrigerator boxes
- Couch Cushions
- Empty Garbage Cans
The great thing is that your option are endless. The winner is the team that uses the most creativity and covers the most distance. The judges help select a winner by awarding teams points (on a 1-10 scale) for creativity (33%), distance (33%) & teamwork (33%). If scores are tied, let the judges select a winner.
Just for Fun:
Have everyone work together to try and create one giant row of dominoes. See what your group can accomplish by working together and even use it as a lesson to talk about how you can go further faster when you choose to work together.
1. Test the items before you select them. It’s okay to have some quirky or weird objects, but you want to make sure they’re actually usable. A bit of a challenge is good, but the game will be more fun if they can actually succeed with the domino effect.
2. If playing rounds, you can adjust the time to create a sense of urgency.
3. Give each a team one “re-start” meaning that if their random things dominoes stopped at some point, they get to push the item that was missed down by hand to re-start the domino effect.
4. Take pics and especially video. Create a simple montage video and put it on social media or play it for your next meeting for everyone to enjoy.
5. Award Domino’s pizza or a Domino’s Pizza Gift Card to the winning team!